Jordan Richards, Esq. is a Fort Lauderdale-based employment law expert and seasoned business litigator. At USA Employment Lawyers, he strives to provide his clients with personalized attention, innovative legal strategies, and aggressive advocacy in trial. When pursuing complex employment law disputes and issues, Jordan draws on his past blue-collar experience, as well as his vast legal skill and knowledge to fight for the best possible outcome on behalf of his clients. His goal is to serve as advisor, confidante, and advocate, all while employing a creative, results-driven approach tailored to each unique case. With extensive litigation experience, Jordan is not afraid to take even the toughest of cases to trial.
Prior to entering private practice, Jordan served as a prosecutor with the State Attorney’s Office for the 17th Judicial Circuit. During this time, he handled hundreds of criminal and juvenile cases, successfully trying numerous cases against some of the state’s top trial attorneys. At the conclusion of his very first jury trial, a guilty verdict was returned less than two minutes after the jury began deliberations. This is a testament to Jordan’s raw talent, trial skills, and ability to connect with people and present information in a clear and straightforward manner.
Following his tenure with the State Attorney’s Office, Jordan gained significant federal court experience with a boutique commercial litigation firm in Fort Lauderdale where he litigated a broad range of federal cases arising under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Americans with Disabilities Act, Lanham Act (Trademarks), Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Fair Housing Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Copyright Act, Civil Rights Act Title VII, and other various contractual and business disputes.
Jordan earned his Juris Doctorate from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law at Yeshiva University in New York City. While at Cardozo Law School, Jordan interned for the Honorable Arlene Bluth in the Supreme Court for the State of New York. During this time, he also worked with the Brooklyn District Attorney's Office, provided in-house counsel for SAG-AFTRA, and was a summer intern with a New York City-based employment litigation law firm. He earned his undergraduate degree in Musical Theatre from Catawba College in North Carolina.
Jordan appreciates the uniqueness of every case and offers zealous legal representation, along with fast yet methodical resolutions to disputes. He has represented individuals from all backgrounds and businesses of all sizes from all over the world. He is licensed to practice in all federal and state courts in Florida and Illinois, as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law at Yeshiva University: Juris Doctorate
- Catawba College: Bachelor of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre
- Federal Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
Awards & Accolades
- Avvo Clients’ Choice Award 2016
- SuperLawyers Rising Stars Award 2020
- Only 2.5% of All Lawyers Receive This Prestigious Award
- State of Florida
- State of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- United States Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Children’s Harbor, Board of Directors
- I Care I Cure Childhood Cancer Foundation
- Women Helping Women – Pardee Hospital Foundation
- Broward Center for the Performing Arts Corporate Sponsor
- Exceptional Theatre Company Gold Sponsor
If you need an attorney in Fort Lauderdale or throughout Florida, contact USA Employment Lawyers online or by phone at (800) 483-0998 for a free consultation.